The Top 5 Reasons to Move to New Hampshire
Moving to New Hampshire seems to be a developing trend here at Forest Properties in New England, and we’re all about it. While beautiful views, world-class restaurants, and a variety of outdoor activities are just a few factors that draw life-long visitors to this state, we’re ready to dig a little deeper and uncover the top 5 reasons why people are quickly changing their address to NH.
1. All-Season Sports and Activities
Oh, the great outdoors. If you have a strong appreciation for New England’s natural beauty through all four seasons, New Hampshire is the perfect place for you to put down new roots. From swimming at the beach in the summer to skiing down exhilarating slopes in the winter, here are a few reasons why New Hampshire is the perfect place to enjoy all-season sports, outdoor activities, and views that are simply breathtaking:
- Jump your heart out over the crashing summertime waves of New Hampshire’s beaches. Prefer a pool? Parke Place Village has a beautiful outdoor one!
- Fall in New Hampshire has nothing on other states. The foliage is truly spectacular with the brightest oranges, radiating reds, and golden hue yellows.
- You can snowshoe, snowboard, ski, or snowmobile to your heart’s delight. In fact, did you know the snowmobile was invented in Ossipee, NH?
Luxury Amenities at Parke Place Village
Parke Place Village offers town home-style living in a quiet and peaceful setting in Seabrook. Schedule a tour today!
2. Quick Access to Small Towns or Big Cities
Is there anything better than planning an adventure to a new town or city in your own home state? From checking our local breweries to dining someplace new, one of the most unique features of New Hampshire is the ability for residents to easily access big cities and charming small towns. In fact, many residents of Brook Village West in the quaint town of Salem commute for work. It’s like having the best of both worlds right at your fingertips!
3. Low Unemployment Rates
Speaking of commuting… Let’s discuss job opportunities in the state. Portsmouth, one of the most inviting and exciting cities in New Hampshire, is also one of the most coveted places to live. The city has one of the lowest unemployment rates out of 372 metropolitan areas in the U.S. and has been rated among the 50 Best Markets to Find a Job.
So, if you’re looking for a new job, are up for an adventure, and are ready to live somewhere new, check out our beautiful apartment complexes right in Portsmouth:
- Arbor View: Impressive amenities with convenient access to all that downtown Portsmouth has to offer.
- The Pines: A serene location with an enviable commute to the city.
- Sagamore Court: Located in a quiet, pastoral setting within walking distance of downtown Portsmouth.
Sagamore Court in Downtown Portsmouth
Sagamore Court apartments provide a community of choice for those who are seeking both urban and beaches amenities. Choose from our selection of studio, one, two bedroom apartments.
4. No Sales Tax
Did you know that New Hampshire is one of five states that have no general sales tax? That’s right – you can buy a home, a car, or treat yourself to a shopping spree without needing to calculate sales tax. This is especially nice for out-of-staters who are looking to relocate to reduce daily expenses.
In addition to sales tax, here are a few other exemptions New Hampshire provides:
- No income taxes
- No capital gains tax
- No machinery/equipment tax
5. There’s a Great Selection of Apartments
As more and more people are moving to the beautiful state of New Hampshire, the demand for housing keeps going up – and for good reason. If apartment life is more your speed, there’s a whole range of options and prices you can expect to see scattered throughout the state.
Waterford Place in Manchester, New Hampshire is our newest luxury property with the following amenities:
- Elevators in all buildings
- In-unit washers and dryers
- Pets are welcome
- A brand-new fitness center and indoor pool
- Cozy resident lounge
Are you ready to make the move to New Hampshire? If so, contact one of our leasing specialists at your preferred Forest Properties apartment building in New Hampshire to schedule a showing of your potential new home! In the meantime, share what brought you to this beautiful state with fellow residents on Facebook.