Restaurant of the Month in Florida: Pier 22
Residents of Forest Properties’ apartments in the Sarasota-Bradenton area know how to enjoy the outdoors all year round – especially when it comes to outdoor dining! Our friends at Pier 22 in Bradenton offers one of the area’s best al fresco dining experiences along the Manatee River. This waterside seafood spot is best known for its large outdoor deck, spectacular sunset views, and complimentary dockage while you dine. Let’s get started on exploring November’s restaurant of the month!
A refreshing drink is the perfect way to start off a weekend lunch, or wind down after a busy work day! Pier 22 has quite the hand in stirring up perfectly crafted cocktails and selection of draft beers to compliment your meal.
If the night is young and the Florida breeze is warm, why not begin your dining experience at Pier 22 outdoors with a few fresh appetizers? From seafood to land food, hearty soups and crispy salads, here are our favorite small plates for a quick bite:
- Spinach and Apple Salad – topped with bacon, candied walnuts, dried cranberries, gorgonzola, and a light drizzle of apple vinaigrette dressing
- Broiled Crab Cakes – served with Creole remoulade
- Market Oysters – complemented with horseradish, cocktail sauce, fresh lemon, and crackers
- Poutine – topped with pot gravy, house fries, and locally sourced cheese curds
These dishes are great starters, especially if you prefer to order a bit of everything to share with family and friends!
The Main Course
One reasons why Florida locals and residents of Ranch Lake Apartments, Audubon Cove, and The Lexington flock to Pier 22 is for the menu variety. Just imagine: Dining outdoors on a beautiful terrace, with string lights hanging above as you indulge in a delicious dish! Here’s a rundown of popular entree items for both lunch and dinner options:
What are you in the mood for – a hand crafted sandwich, or juicy burger? Served with your choice of house fries, crunchy coleslaw, house chips, or a side salad, the sandwich and burger selection of Pier 22’s lunch menu has something for every guest! For items with a bit of Florida flare, order the Fried Alligator Sandwich, which includes breaded scaloppini gator, fried leeks, sweet honey mustard, provolone, lettuce, and tomato on a ciabatta roll. The Grouper Sandwich is another option – it can be grilled, fried, or blackened, topped with jalapeno sauce on a ciabatta roll.
Gluten free bread is available upon request, too!
Naturally, as a waterfront restaurant in Florida, Pier 22 is all about seafood. When it comes to ordering the freshed entree for dinner, you may have a tough time deciding between dishes! Be sure to ask your waiter of the day’s fresh catch (for both seafood and land food). Here’s what we recommend for your entree:
- Fresh Fish: Grilled Swordfish with spinach, tomato, artichoke, white wine sauce, corn risotto and vegetables
- For Seafood: Lobster Tails, which includes twin 5oz lobster tails, drawn butter, paprika, red creamer potatoes, and sauteed spinach
- Landfood Entree: Chicken Cordon Bleu with lightly breaded, ham, Swiss, fontina bechamel, mashed potatoes and vegetables
A Tip for Diners: A Prime Rib Dinner is available every Friday and Saturday evening after 4:00 pm. Choose from 8, 12, or 16 ounce cuts that are slow cooked and served with au jus sauce, horseradish cream, mashed potatoes, and asparagus.
Enjoy Luxury Living at Magnolia Estates
Explore the serenity of Magnolia Estates. With a crystal clear pool, a short drive to beach, and luxury apartments with spacious floor plans, you'll be at home in no time.
Finish with Dessert
There is never a wrong choice when it comes to dessert at Pier 22! The menu features the sweetest collection of classic desserts, from New York style Cheesecake, Creme Brulee, Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding, and Peanut Butter Pie! Unable to choose just one? Order your very favorites to share with your date! Don’t forget to finish off with a cup of fresh coffee!
- Besides prepping, cooking, and serving tasty food mentioned above, Pier 22 offers a daily Sushi Bar after 3:00 pm daily, and all day on Wednesdays and Friday
- Daily Specials and Bar Happy Hour offered from 3-7:00 pm, including $4 mojitos, $4 martinis, $4 bartender cocktails, and $6/$7/$8 small plates to snack on
- Waterfront ballroom seating and catering services for weddings, receptions, and special events
- Complimentary boat dockage on the Manatee River while dining
- Outdoor patio with full bar and fire pit
With beautiful sunset views, delicious seafood, and a warm ambiance that brings out the best of Florida dining, be sure to make your reservation at Pier 22!
Posted in Florida | Tagged florida restaurant of the month • pier 22 bradenton florida • waterfront dining in florida