Things to Do This Summer in Boston
Summertime is the season that feels like it flies by in the blink of an eye, especially when living in a city like Boston where there’s so much to see and do. As schools prepare to let out for the summer and residents of Forest Properties begin to plan their seasonal weekend activities, keep our list of things to do this summer in Boston handy!
Go to a Summer Concert
There’s no better way to spend a cool summer night than being with good friends listening to amazing music. Between Gillette Stadium, Fenway Park, and Blue Hills Pavilion, this year’s summer concert lineup is not one to miss. Here is a list of some of the most anticipated concerts at all three venues:
- Friday, June 21st: Luke Bryan, Cole Swindell, and Jon Langston
- Sunday, July 7th: The Rolling Stones
- Saturday, August 17th: George Strait and Blake Shelton
- July 5th-6th: Phish
- August 31st-September 1st: Zac Brown Band
- Friday, September 3rd: The Who
- Saturday, September 14th: Billy Joel
Blue Hills Pavilion
- Friday, June 14th: Billie Eilish
- Monday, June 24th: The Lonely Island
Picnic at the Arnold Arboretum
Located at the iconic Harvard University, Arnold Arboretum hosts an impressive tree sanctuary that is filled with walking trails, picnic spots, and plenty of areas to take part in summer outdoor activities. This is a great place to bring your family and small children for some fresh air, or if you’re planning a date night out, this is a relaxing spot to spend time with your beau, as well.
Spend Time at the Pool
People often describe their summer days as “summertime and the living’s easy,” and that couldn’t be more true for residents of Forest Properties! For those readers of Landing 53, you really hit the jackpot. Make a splash in your summertime activities from the comfort of your luxury apartment building with the following amenities:
- Beautifully maintained outdoor swimming pool
- Furnished communal rooftop areas
- Clean picnic and grilling areas
- Secure bicycle storage in case you wish to bike around the city at sunset
Go on an Outdoor Tour of Boston
Even if you live in the heart of Boston at Parkside Apartments, you’d be amazed how much you can see, hear, and learn about your city by joining a summer tour. From sightseeing tours to brewery tours, here are a few ways to get a better view of historic Boston:
- Boston Brewery Tour. Explore Boston’s vibrant brewery scene and sample up to 15 different local brews. This five-hour tour also includes lunch or dinner.
- Boston’s Hop-On, Hop-Off Trolley Tour. This narrated sightseeing trolley tour brings riders around the city of Boston and showcases over 125 points of interest. The best part? You can choose to stay on the trolley bus for the entire 2 hours, or, you can get off as many times as you’d like to spend more time at specific stops!
See an Outdoor Movie
The city of Boston is overrun with free second-run movie screenings. In our opinion, Hatch Shell has a great focus on family films that are suited for every member of your clan. Check out their official website for a full lineup of summer time events and outdoor movie screenings.
Visit Franklin Park
We are all about spending as much time outdoors as possible in the summer, and Franklin Park offers a variety of outdoor activities not to forget. Whether you choose to put a few rounds at the lush golf course or spend an afternoon with the residents of the Franklin Park Zoo, be sure to charge your camera and prepare for a splendid summer afternoon.
What are your favorite summertime activities to keep busy in Boston? Share your must-do activities with us on Facebook.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged boston apartments • child friendly activities in boston • things to do in boston